Monday, October 24, 2011

Update

Well I just wanted to let those know who are following this blog that I have not fallen off the wagon on my weight loss challenge. I weighed in last Friday at 261. I have loss 30 pounds in just over 5 weeks. (half way to my goal) Your math is correct that is an average of about 6 pounds a week. I know I dropped a lot the 1st week to kinda skew that number, but I have continually loss weight every weigh-in.

I have a before and after photo, after 30 days, that would literally shock the crap out of you, but unless your family you ain't seeing that. I am still working through the insanity workout DVD and I am over half way through the workouts. It is still C-R-A-Z-Y hard but my recovery time is so much quicker. I have also added a personal trainer in once a week. Her name is Kathi O'Connor and she kicks mine and Mathew McCabe's (our youth pastor) butt every Friday. She is a pocket full of butt kickin, and she is whipping us into shape.

I am not just working out, but I am also eating really healthy. Kathi says diet is 85% of the battle and I believe her! So far my diet has consisted of chicken, veggies, and lots and lots of salad. BTW I am not a salad fan, but I have kinda developed a tolerance for certain salads. Just a helpful tip that I have picked up is eat spinach leaf salad instead of your typical garden salad. A) it taste better and 2) it is super rich in nutrients. Another addition to my salad are almonds or walnuts. They have taken the place of my croutons. I LOVE croutons on my salad but they are normally high in bad carbs and high in sodium, so to get that crunch on my salad I add almonds, pecans, or walnuts. Anyway just a helpful tip for those that are looking for help.

Last thing I have been doing is adding 24 hours of what I like to call eating ecstasy. I usually start on lunch on Friday and have my last cheat meal on Saturday at lunch. This 24 hour period usually consists of a large Ledo's pizza (i wish it was Johnny's), a chicken Quesadilla from Baja Fresh, an Elevation burger with bacon, and my wife's pancakes. Not all at the same time of course but throughout that 24 hour period. Most fitness experts (Kathi included) say that is a healthy way to live your life, and since I am trying for lifestyle change and not a DIET, I thought I would start doing that now. I have tried this in the past, but usually what would happen would my "cheat day" turns into my "cheat week" and I end up killing my diet. This way if I keep the cheat day as a regular life style then getting back to eating healthy is easier to do.

Anyway just wanted to keep myself accountable within this blog and also encourage anyone who is hoping to start a healthy lifestyle change.

PS if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know. I can try and answer your questions as best I can. I actually have a degree in all the stuff.....go figure :/

I'm outty 5000

John

No comments:

Post a Comment